Friday, June 4, 2010

Super-Natural

What is the one thing many girls want? A long, full set of natural lashes! (At least that’s one of the things that I desire most) Here is my journey to achieve the look of a super-natural set of long lashes courtesy of She to Schic!


The first picture I am wearing no mascara, just eyeliner (MAC boot black liquid eyeliner).


The second picture shows my lashes mascara-ed. The type of mascara used was Maybelline Volume Express and the eyelash curler used was from Shu-Uemera. Make no mistake though this took hard work! To achieve this effect I had to continually alternate between curling my lashes and applying mascara (3-4 coats) for 10 minutes in order to get my lashes to look relatively longer.


The third picture shows me with a set of false lashes. I don’t wear falsies every day but I do wear them on a consistent basis. The ones in this photograph are the MAC #4 lashes. The Ardell brand #109 lashes will give you the same look for about half the price. I like them because they are much quicker to put on and give a nicer look than mascara can ever give me. If you have lots a practice, it takes less than 2 minutes to put on a pair!


The last two pictures are from after my appointment at She to Shic. My appointment with Holly lasted approximately 1.5 hours. This was my first time getting semi-permanent lashes done. The process consists of the esthetician applying individual lashes to your eyelid/eyelashes. The benefits are numerous including a beautiful set of lashes that lasts approximately 4-6 weeks!


Holly made my first lash appointment a great experience! She showed me the different type of lashes offered (synthetic, silk and mink), as well as the lengths and thicknesses available. I was so comfortable, that I almost fell asleep multiple times during the appointment! Holly even stopped half-way to show me my lashes making sure I liked the results before continuing to put on more lashes. The results were a super-natural set of lashes! Semi-permanent lashes are a must try!

My friend and I picked She to Shic because they are eco friendly, located conveniently in Kerrisdale, and they have a flat price on the lashes. She to Shic offers a flat rate, so you can have as many or as few lashes as you want. If you are looking for an eco-friendly salon, a place to relax with a glass of tea and/or a bonding afternoon with the girls, She to Shic is the place to go! (http://www.shetoshic.com/index.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment